Why present at a Science Café?
The unique café format offers many benefits for guest scientists and experts. In a recent survey, almost every scientist that presented at a café was interested in repeating the experience. More than a third believed that their experience changed how they think about talking to a general audience about their work.
Scientists and other experts have found that Science Cafés allow them to:
- Educate the public about the scientific research they are involved in.
- Enjoy thought-provoking discussion in a casual venue.
- Find out what public reaction is to their research.
- Share their enthusiasm for science.
- Represent their institution and helping to achieve its outreach goals.
- Practice their communication skills in a relaxed setting.